- Windows 8/8.1
- Windows 7
- Windows 10
- Windows Vista
- Windows Server Edition (2008/2012)
The error is found in following version of MS Office
How To Fix Office 2016 error 1706
Repair Difficulty : Medium
Uninstall Old office Installation
1) Press Windows key + Q. A search box will come up on right hand side.Type Control in the box and press Enter.
2) In Control Panel , Click on “Program and Features”..
3) Choose your Office installation
4) Click on Uninstall and follow the steps.|
Step 3: Run System Scan
1) Press Win + R
2) Type “cmd” and Press Enter.
3) Type “sfc /scannow” and press enter.
Step 3:Check Sysytem Files For Error
1) Press Windows + R
2) Type “Cleanmgr” and Press Enter.
3) Select the OS Drive and Press OK.
4) Click on “Clean up System Files”
Step 4: Try the installation again.
In most case Office 2016 error 1706 should be resolved by now, if however the problem still persists please get your system checked by an expert.
Original Post: http://microsoftproductsupport.com/learn-how-to-fix-office-2016-error-1706-microsoft-office-suite